Tags

, , , ,

I’ve had this San Jose Juniper for nearly a year now. I acquired it as bonsai material (as opposed to home and garden nursery stock) and did some initial branch positioning late last summer. It’s strong and healthy, and in need of a better soil mix so I will get it out of this nursery pot and into something more fitting. 


There were a couple of design adjustments I decided to make now as well. It didn’t take long after that first wiring for the wire to start biting in, so it was removed in the fall and some of the branches have crept upwards since then. Most adjustments can wait, but I did decide to go ahead and re-wire the apex and upper left branch to get them back down where they belong. 

I also removed the lowest branch on the left, as I have been planning to do, and used guy wires to pull two back branches into that space. This may seem like a lot of moving at the same time as a repot, but at only 13 or 14 inches tall, this tree’s branches are quite flexible and shiuld be able to recover well. 

Here it is after the work today. 

Advertisements